EGA is excited to announce we will be open for Winter Holiday Camp 2021! This document outlines our custom “Return to Gymnastics” Action Plan. Thank you to all our families for their continued support.
We are in unprecedented times and as such we are having to take unprecedented measures to ensure the safety of our athletes, families, and staff. Please note the measures we are taking below to ensure that our families are as safe as possible. The following guidelines are based on the most current information from the CDC and WHO as well as the recommendations made by Gymnastics Ontario and the Ontario Ministry of Health.
About EGA Camps
Some of the enhanced and strict public health measures that will be in place, include:
– Smaller camp group sizes
– Camp group cohorts will remain together for the entire week with their coach
– Athletes 6 years old and up
– Athletes are required to wear face mask when not on the gymnastics equipment, on breaks (seated 6ft apart at tables) or during outside play
– Additional staff to assist with maintaining physical distancing requirements and sanitization
– Daily health screening protocols for athletes and staff
– Floors decals to mark physical distancing measurements of two metres
– Staff will wear Personal Protective Equipment, including face masks, when physical distancing can’t be maintained
Class Size & Ages
– In order to maintain strict social distancing within the facility, we have had to minimize group sizes. We will have 1 certified coach for every 6 campers
– All children must be 6 years of age or older
– Camp registration will be on a first come first serve basis. Space is limited.
– Payment is not required until the week prior to your camp
– Registration can be made by online in our Parent Portal, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (905-726-2001)
– Families with credits can applied to camp and can be done online
– Our Front Desk staff is limited, so we will get back to you as soon as possible. Email is the best form of contact. email@example.com
Camp Drop Off
– Anyone feeling unwell should STAY HOME. Please call or send us an email regarding your child’s absence
– Athletes must wear a mask upon drop off
– Athletes will be greeted by an EGA Staff taking attendance, asking Covid-19 screening questions and taking digital temperatures. Temperatures will be taken with our digital thermometer and screening questions will be asked each day. Anyone with a fever over 38 degrees will not be permitted into the gym
– Parents are not permitted into the gym, unless necessary, and a mask must be worn
– Change rooms are closed, so please come dressed in your gymnastics attire
– Athletes will enter the gym, be directed to their space, wash their hands and join their coach in the gym
– Parents will wait outside in the parking lot and athletes will be released in an orderly fashion – please be on time. Please wear a mask if you are not able to physically distance. If you are going to be late, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
– Parents must bring ID to pick up. Please let us know if someone besides a parent is doing pick up either in person or via email (email@example.com)
Coaches & Athletes: Performing and promoting, frequent proper hand hygiene (including supervising or assisting class participants with hand hygiene). Hand washing using soap and water is recommended over alcohol-based hand rub (ABHR) for children. Athletes will be required to wash their hands upon arrival, in between gymnastics events, and as on a needed basis.
The Gym: An industrial fogging machine using Vital Oxide (Gymnastics Ontario Recommended) will be used every evening, after hours, when the enter gym will be disinfected that is proven to kill the virus.
Bathrooms: Touch points will be cleaned before classes begin and a full clean of floors and toilets will be completed daily
Lobby/Front desk: Touch points and surfaces will be wiped down continually during training
All cleaners are registered Hospital Grade and approved for COVID19
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
Athletes & Coaches: At this time, coaches and athletes are required to wear a mask upon entering and exiting the building. Masks will not be required while on the gymnastics equipment, unless you would like.
6’ markings have been placed outside the facility for the line up/controlled entry to the gym. Inside the gym, they are on the floor in the lobby, gym and the washroom line up. All athletes will be required to stay spaced out on the markers while at their designated station or waiting in line for their turn.
Based on the rules by the Province of Ontario and Gymnastics Ontario, our viewing area will be closed. Parents and guardians will not be permitted to stay until further notice.
Spotting and assistance
Drills and progressions will be utilized to ensure safety of skills. Spotting will not be done, unless the coach is wearing a mask and it is deemed necessary.
Front Desk staff is limited during this time. Should you need to communicate with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/leave a message at 905-726-2001
This will include the following:
– If you need to pick up your child early or drop off your child late
– If your child is sick
– If you have any questions at all!
Waiver Acceptance – Prior to Arrival
All parents must log on to the EGA Parent Portal online to accept the New Student Policy Agreement terms of our waiver put out by Gymnastics Ontario. Athletes will not be permitted into the gym if this has not been completed prior to training. To accept the terms of our waiver, click the green Accept button at the bottom of the page.
If you aren’t sure which email address to use, send us an email and we can confirm. Should you forget your password to the Parent Portal, click “Forgot Password” to be sent a new one. Please do not create a new account.
Because of the ever changing rules, we will not require payment until camp is confirmed and must be paid before the first day of your scheduled camp. Payment can be made on our Parent Portal and a link will be sent to you with instructions.
Gymnastics Ontario Membership & Insurance fee
*Mandatory* All registered athletes for camp or classes must pay $45 for the 21/22 Gymnastics Ontario Membership and Insurance fee.
A 10% sibling discount will be applied for all siblings on class tuition. The discount is applied to the lowest registration cost. Discounts are not applied on Gymnastics Ontario fee.
Due to COVID-19 and some restrictions that may be put in place, EGA may have to change the dates or limit the number of children. In this case, if your child is unable to attend, you will receive a full credit in your family account for future camps, classes or other activities assuming equal value or you may request a full refund.
Refunds will not be provided for withdrawal from camp once it has begun. A family credit will be provided for withdrawal, if necessary.
If EGA cancels the classes due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you will receive a full credit in your family’s account for a future camp, class, or activity or we will provide a full refund.
Any athlete presenting with COVID-like symptoms before or upon their arrival at the gym will be able to rollover their credit to future classes or camps as they will not be allowed to attend their enrolled session. If space is available and they are symptom free for 14 days they may enroll for a later week.
Gymnastics Ontario Insurance & Membership fees are non-refundable.