EGA will be open for Fall Sessions on Saturday, September 11th! This document outlines our custom “Return to Gymnastics” Action Plan. Thank you to all our families for their continued support.
Please refer to our Vaccine Passport page for further information.
We are in unprecedented times and as such we are having to take unprecedented measures to ensure the safety of our athletes, families, and staff. Please note the measures we are taking below to ensure that our families are as safe as possible. The following guidelines are based on the most current information from the CDC and WHO as well as the recommendations made by Gymnastics Ontario and the Ontario Ministry of Health.
About EGA Classes
Some of the enhanced and strict public health measures that will be in place, include:
– Smaller class group sizes
– Athletes 3 years old and up (Summer Session only)
– WEEKNIGHTS – Parents are not permitted into the gym, unless necessary, and a mask must be worn.
– WEEKENDS – Parents are permitted in the gym and a mask must be worn at all times. Please see our page on Vaccine Passports for additional requirements.
– Additional staff to assist with maintaining physical distancing requirements and sanitization
– Daily health screening protocols for athletes and staff
– Floors decals to mark physical distancing measurements of two metres
– Staff will wear Personal Protective Equipment, including face masks, when physical distancing can’t be maintained
– Class attendees are encouraged to wear masks during activities where it may be difficult to maintain a distance of two metres
Class Size & Ages
– In order to maintain strict social distancing within the facility, we have had to minimize group sizes. We will have 1 certified coach for every 4-5 athletes (Parent&Tot/PreSchool) and 6-8 athletes (Child/Youth/Teen/Tumbling/Advanced)
– Class registration will be on a first come first served basis. Space is limited.
– Payment is required upon registration.
– Registration can be made by online in our Parent Portal, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (905-726-2001).
– Families with credits can apply those online registering.
– Our Front Desk staff is limited, so we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Class Drop Off
– Anyone feeling unwell should STAY HOME. Please call or send us an email regarding your child’s absence.
– Athletes must wear a mask upon drop off, in case physical distancing is not viable.
– Athletes will be greeted by an EGA Staff taking attendance, asking Covid-19 screening questions and taking digital temperatures. Temperatures will be taken with our digital thermometer and screening questions will be asked each day. Anyone with a fever over 38 degrees will not be permitted into the gym.
– Change rooms are closed, so please come dressed in your gymnastics attire.
– Athletes will enter the gym with their masks on, remove their masks during event training (or if in close proximity to others) and wear their mask while moving through the gym or during washroom breaks.
– Parents will wait outside in the parking lot and athletes will be released by EGA staff in an orderly fashion – please be on time. Please wear a mask if you are not able to physically distance. If you are going to be late, please email email@example.com
– Parents must bring ID to pick up. Please let us know if someone besides a parent is doing pick up either in person or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Coaches & Athletes: Performing and promoting frequent proper hand hygiene (including supervising or assisting class participants with hand hygiene). Hand washing using soap and water is recommended over alcohol-based hand rub (ABHR) for children. Athletes will be required to wash their hands upon arrival, in between gymnastics events, and as on a needed basis.
The Gym: An industrial fogging machine using Vital Oxide (Gymnastics Ontario Recommended) will be used every evening, after hours, when the enter gym will be disinfected that is proven to kill the virus.
Bathrooms: Touch points will be cleaned before classes begin and a full clean of floors and toilets will be completed daily.
Lobby/Front desk: Touch points and surfaces will be wiped down continually during training.
All cleaners are registered Hospital Grade and approved for COVID19.
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
Athletes & Coaches: At this time, athletes are required to wear a mask upon entering and exiting the building. Masks will not be permitted during training.
6’ markings have been placed outside the facility for the line up/controlled entry to the gym. Inside the gym, they are on the floor in the lobby, gym and the washroom line up. All athletes will be required to stay spaced out on the markers while at their designated station or waiting in line for their turn.
Due to our capacity limit, parents are unable to view during our weeknight classes. On weekend mornings, 1 parent per athlete is able to view and masks must be worn at all times.
Spotting and assistance
Drills and progressions will be utilized to ensure safety of skills. Spotting will not be done, unless the coach is wearing a mask and it is deemed necessary.
Gymnastics Ontario has mandated all Ontario member clubs to a maximum of 1 athlete per 144 sq./ft. in the training area. That is approximately 12,000 sq./ft. for us.
We are scheduling no more than 50 people in the entire facility at one time.
Front Desk staff is limited during this time. Should you need to communicate with us, please email email@example.com or call/leave a message at 905-726-2001.
This will include the following:
– If you need to pick up your child early or drop off your child late.
– If your child is sick.
– If you have any questions at all!
Waiver Acceptance – Prior to Arrival
All parents must log on to the EGA Parent Portal online to accept the New Student Policy Agreement terms of our waiver put out by Gymnastics Ontario. Athletes will not be permitted into the gym if this has not been completed prior to training. Here is the link to log on to the Parent Portal. To accept the terms of our waiver, click the green Accept button at the bottom of the page.
If you aren’t sure which email address to use, send us an email and we can confirm. Should you forget your password to the Parent Portal, click “Forgot Password” to be sent a new one. Please do not create a new account.
Gymnastics Ontario Membership & Insurance fee
*Mandatory* All registered athletes for camp or classes must pay $45 for the 21/22 Gymnastics Ontario Membership and Insurance fee.
A 10% sibling discount will be applied for all siblings on class tuition. The discount is applied to the lowest registration cost. Discounts are not applied on Gymnastics Ontario fee.
Due to COVID-19 and some restrictions that may be put in place, EGA may change the dates or limit the number of children. In this case, if your child is unable to attend, you will receive a full credit in your family account for future camps, classes or other activities assuming equal value or you may request a full refund.
Refunds will not be provided for withdrawal from classes. Family credit will be provided for withdrawal, if necessary.
If EGA cancels the classes due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you will receive a full credit in your family’s account for a future camp, class, or activity or we will provide a full refund.
Any athlete presenting with COVID-like symptoms before or upon their arrival at the gym will be able to rollover their credit to future classes or camps as they will not be allowed to attend their enrolled session. If space is available and they are symptom free for 14 days they may enroll for a later week.
Gymnastics Ontario Insurance & Membership fees are non-refundable.