EGA will be open for Summer Camp beginning July 6th! This document outlines our custom “Return to Camp” Action Plan. Thank you to all our families for their continued support.
We are in unprecedented times and as such we are having to take unprecedented measures to ensure the safety of our athletes, families, and staff. Please note the measures we are taking below to ensure that our families are as safe as possible. The following guidelines are based on the most current information from the CDC and WHO as well as the recommendations made by Gymnastics Ontario and the Ontario Ministry of Health.
About EGA Summer Camp
Some of the enhanced and strict public health measures that will be in place, include:
– Smaller camp group sizes
– Additional staff to assist with maintaining physical distancing requirements and sanitization
– Daily health screening protocols for campers and staff
– Floors decals to mark physical distancing measurements of two metres
– Staff will wear Personal Protective Equipment, including cloth face masks, when physical distancing can’t be maintained
– Camp attendees are encouraged to wear cloth face masks during activities where it may be difficult to maintain a distance of two metres
Camp will not include day trips, park play, swimming, or special visitors. Instead, camp will focus on fun and creative physically-distanced sports, outdoor time, zoom guests, games and crafts.
Class Size & Ages
– In order to maintain strict social distancing within the facility, we have had to minimize camp group sizes. We will have 1 certified coach for every 6 campers
– All campers must be 6 years of age or older
– Siblings will be grouped together to keep cohorts together
– Camp registration will be on a first come first serve basis. Space is limited.
– Payment will not be required upon registration but will be processed the week before your registered date.
– Only Full Week, Full Day camp registrations will be accepted. Unfortunately, we are unable to run our flexible programming for half day campers.
– Registration can be made by online, via email (email@example.com or by phone (905-726-2001) If you register online, you will be contacted to provide payment to secure your spot
– Payment must be made in full to hold your child’s spot. See below for refund/credit details
– Our Front Desk staff is limited, so we will get back to you as soon as possible
Daily Camp Activities
– Campers will remain with their group of 6 and coach throughout the entire day
– Campers will be grouped with siblings/requested friends and stay with their group during the entire week
– Campers will have snack and lunch in their same area in the gym
– Campers will do arts and crafts in their area with their coach
– Campers will use the same washroom each day (2 available)
– Should any camper feel unwell during the day, parents will be called for camper pickup
Sample Day At Camp
Summer Camp Drop Off
– Anyone feeling unwell should STAY HOME. Please call or send us an email regarding your child’s absence
– Campers must wear a mask upon drop off, in case physical distancing is not viable
– Campers will be greeted by an EGA Staff taking attendance, asking Covid-19 screening questions and taking digital temperatures. Temperatures will be taken with our digital thermometer and screening questions will be asked each day. Anyone with a fever over 38 degrees will not be permitted into the gym
– Parents will sign in campers and drop off children. Parents are not permitted into the gym unless necessary and a mask must be worn
– Change rooms are closed, so please come dressed in your gymnastics attire
– Campers will enter the gym, drop off their bags in their labeled cubby (in their designated space) wash their hands and enter the gym to their coach for warmup
– Campers will be dismissed 5 minutes before 4pm (pickup time). They will wash their hands, collect their belongings, put on their mask and be escorted to exit line up (distanced)
– Parents will wait outside in the parking lot and campers will be released in an orderly fashion – please be on time. Please wear a mask if you are not able to physically distance. If you are going to be late, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
– Parents must bring ID to pick up. Please let us know if someone besides a parent is doing pick up either in person or via email (email@example.com)
– Parents must sign the sign out sheet
Coaches & Campers: Performing and promoting, frequent proper hand hygiene (including supervising or assisting camp participants with hand hygiene). Hand washing using soap and water is recommended over alcohol-based hand rub (ABHR) for children. Campers will be required to wash their hands upon arrival, before and after break, after bars rotation at the end of training and on an as needed basis
The Gym: An industrial fogging machine using Vital Oxide (Gymnastics Ontario Recommended) will be used every evening, after hours, when the enter gym will be disinfected that is proven to kill the virus.
Bathrooms: Touch points will be continually cleaned during camp times and a full clean of floors and toilets will be cleaned daily
Break Areas: All surface areas and chairs will be wiped down immediately after each break using Lysol wipes
Lobby/Front desk: Touch points and surfaces will be wiped down continually during training
All cleaners are registered Hospital Grade and approved for COVID19
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
Athletes & Coaches: At this time, athletes are required to wear a mask upon entering and exiting the building. Masks will not be permitted during training.
6’ markings have been placed outside the facility for the line up/controlled entry to the gym. Inside the gym, they are on the floor in the lobby, gym and the washroom line up. All athletes will be required to stay spaced out on the markers while at their designated station or waiting in line for their turn.
Based on the rules by the Province of Ontario and Gymnastics Ontario, our viewing area will be closed. Parents and guardians will not be permitted to stay until further notice.
Spotting and assistance
Drills and progressions will be utilized to ensure safety of skills. Spotting will not be done, unless the coach is wearing a mask and it is deemed necessary.
Gymnastics Ontario has mandated all Ontario member clubs to a maximum of 1 athlete per 144 sq./ft in the training area. That is approximately 12,000 sq./ft for us.
We are scheduling no more than 30 people in the entire facility at one time.
During this time, our Front Desk will remain closed. Should you need to communicate with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This will include the following:
– If you need to pick up your child early or drop off your child late
– If your child is sick
– If you have any questions at all!
Camper Personal Items
Campers should pack the following items for a day at camp:
- Morning Snack (Nutfree)
- Lunch (Nutfree) – preferably in an easy to carry bag should we decide to have a picnic
- Afternoon Snack (Nutfree)
- Water bottle
Please do not send any valuables as EGA is not responsible for lost or missing items.
Waiver Acceptance – Prior to Arrival
All parents must log on to the EGA Parent Portal online to accept the New Student Policy Agreement terms of our waiver put out by Gymnastics Ontario. Athletes will not be permitted into the gym if this has not been completed prior to training. Here is the link to log on to the Parent Portal. To accept the terms of our waiver, click the green Accept button at the bottom of the page.
If you aren’t sure which email address to use, send us an email and we can confirm. Should you forget your password to the Parent Portal, click “Forgot Password” to be sent a new one. Please do not create a new account.
Gymnastics Ontario Membership & Insurance fee
*Mandatory* All registered athletes for camp or classes must pay $40 for the 20/21 Gymnastics Ontario Membership and Insurance fee.
A 10% sibling discount will be applied for all siblings on camp tuition. The discount is applied to the lowest registration cost. Discounts are not applied on Gymnastics Ontario fee.
Due to COVID-19 and some restrictions that may be put in place, EGA may change the dates/themes or limit the number of campers. In this case, if your child is unable to attend, you will receive a full credit in your family account for future camps, classes or other activities assuming equal value or you may request a full refund.
If you need to switch your camp enrollment from one week to a different week, you can do so based on available camp weeks.
Camp cancellations can be made up to and including the week before your registered camp. A full refund or credit will be processed. Should you cancel after camp has started, you will be charged the daily fee.
In the event that we are hosting summer camp and we are able to accommodate your child you may receive a full credit or request a refund.
If EGA cancels the camp due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you will receive a full credit in your family’s account for a future camp, class, or activity or we will provide a full refund.
Any camper presenting with COVID-like symptoms before or upon their arrival at camp will be able to rollover their credit to future classes or camps as they will not be allowed to attend their enrolled session. If space is available and they are symptom free for 14 days they may enroll for a later week.
Gymnastics Ontario Insurance & Membership fees are non-refundable.